Our usual Terms & Conditions:
Rules and Regulations Governing Entry and Use of the Facilities
1. All users of the facility will be bound by the regulations governing the use of the facility, which are displayed at the facility together with these conditions. Copies of these rules and regulations are available on application to the Island Sports Trust (IST) based at George Green’s School. Also available online at www.islandsportstrust.co.uk.
2. The IST reserves the right to reject any booking for use without giving reasons. Users under the age of 18 yrs may be required to be accompanied by a responsible adult, unless they can satisfy the IST Manager of their proficiency in the particular activity involved.
3. Payment for all bookings must be made before commencement of the activity period, otherwise the facility maybe re-let or cancelled. Failure to honour a booking or cancellation with less than 5 working days notice will result in a suspension of use and a charge for loss of booking fee. Any group that wishes to cancel a booking should do so following the above rule. Failure to do this may result in the customer being liable for the total outstanding charge.
4. No guarantee can be given by the IST as to the use or availability of equipment or facilities.
No responsibility will be accepted or liability will accrue or compensation be made in the event or loss or damage being suffered by any user on account of failure of a temporary or permanent nature of lighting or heating or any other service like arrangements.
5. The IST reserves the right to specify the days and times on which entry to the facility and use of it’s facilities and the equipment will be available to users, to declare facilities of equipment unfit for use, and to decide opening and closing time of the facility and for each facility within it.
6. Users may hire equipment – if available- from reception. A deposit may be payable.
7. Unacceptable conduct, the failure to comply with an IST staff members request or instruction and action likely to cause danger or annoyance to other persons will result in the cancellation or suspension of use with a refund fee.
8. The IST reserves the right to remove from the facility persons who fail to comply with any of these conditions of the rules and regulations governing the use of the facility.
9. The IST can accept no liability for accident, expenses, claims, losses, damages, penalties and demands arising out of or in any way connected with the use if the facility, save where such accidents etc. occur by reason of the School’s negligence.
10. The user undertakes to pay the IST on demand the cost of making good any damage to the building, goods and chattels, apparatus and appliances. Either of the school or any other person arising during the period of, or in connection with the user’s use of the centre or the use of the facility by any person under the user’s control.
11. Photographs for professional use and for publication shall not be taken without prior consent of the IST.
12. To protect the fabric of the facility, the IST reserves the right to introduce local conditions and variations of rules of certain activities. These will be notified at time of booking and are deemed to be condition of the booking.
14. No refreshments shall be taken into the areas outside the designated areas, without the prior consent of the IST.
15. The IST reserves the right to vary, amend or introduce new regulations as it may in its absolute discretion, deem to be necessary for the efficient operation of the facility.
16. The organiser is responsible for ensuring that any activities for children are supervised by a minimum of two adults and that a ratio of one adult to twenty children is maintained.
17. Only those areas specifically booked may be used for the purpose specified on the application.
18. Any damage or accident occurring shall be reported to the staff on duty at the time.
19. Smoking is forbidden anywhere in the school building, and or on the football pitches.
20. Soft shoes are required to be worn in the drama and music rooms, and the gymnasium. Appropriate footwear must also be worn on both pitches. Absolutely NO studded football boots allowed on the pitches. This could lead to an organisation/group losing their booking.
21. No inconvenience or nuisance shall be caused and the building must be vacated promptly at the end of the letting, which shall not be after 10.15pm.
22. The user may be required to pay a deposit and the balance at least twenty-eight days before the event takes place.
23. All facilities used on a block-booking basis should be paid for one month in advance of hire. Groups who experience difficulty with this should contact the Island Sports Trust coordinator sooner rather than later.
24. Casual bookings should be paid for at the time of booking. These bookings should be paid online or with a card at reception.
25. A block booking is ten or more bookings made and paid for in advance. A casual booking is a one off booking.
26. For the purpose of these regulations “Facility” means the George Green’s Community Sports Facilities and its grounds or any part thereof. The “IST” means the Island Sports Trust who are responsible for the operational management on behalf of George Green’s School. “Use” means any person for the time being on or about the premises of the centre whether such persons are on or about the premises to use the facilities thereat or for some other reason.
27. Bookings may be cancelled at short notice due to school needing the premises
New for Oct 2019 Onward, subject to change
Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) set out the agreement between IST (“Us”, “We”, “Our”) and You when You pay for a Booking with Us and/or use Our facilities.
The Island Sports Trust facilities includes indoor and outdoor sports and recreational hire venues, theatres, studios plus other types of facilities as acquired and operated by Us.
Facilities are generally owned by George Green’s School and are managed by Us on their behalf. There may be additional terms and rules which apply to a particular facility or space and You should familiarise yourself with these. You are advised to read these Terms and rules carefully. By continuing with Your booking and whenever You use Our facilities, You confirm that:
You understand and accept all of the Terms below and you will adhere to any local rules. Acceptance of Your booking and any subsequent withdrawal/cancellation are at Our absolute discretion.
By agreeing to these Terms, You acknowledge and agree that in entering into this agreement You are not relying on any promise, assurance, statement, representation, warranty or understanding except as expressly provided in these Terms.
Where a Term is generic this applies to all customers, however some of the Terms and Conditions will only apply to specific groups and activities and may not be relevant to all customers.
Data Protection Legislation
The General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Protection Act 2018, and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, as amended, replaced or superseded, and all other applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of personal data and privacy together with any applicable guidance and/or codes of practice issued or endorsed by the Information Commissioner or relevant government department in relation to such legislation
1. FEES AND PAYMENT
1.1. All Fees paid in advance are non-refundable, unless the circumstances set out in cancellation provisions (clauses) apply
2. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE
2.1 Use of any of Our facilities and activities is subject to:
2.1.1. Your adherence to the facility Rules and any other rules pertaining to that activity or facility
2.1.3. The safe capacity of the facility
2.1.4. You wearing attire appropriate to the activity
2.2 In all cases, Our interpretation of the Rules and these terms will take precedence and the decision of Our Manager or his / her nominee is final and must be respected
2.3 Our managers have the right to a) refuse admission b) ask You or a member of Your party to leave the premises c) exclude You or a member of Your party in the future from The Island Sports Trust / George Green’s School facilities at their absolute discretion.
2.4 Such action may be taken where You or a member of Your party fails to observe any of these Rules and conditions of use or where appropriate in the reasonable opinion of Our Manager
2.5 If You are excluded from future use of The Island Sports Trust / George Green’s School facilities Your Account will be terminated. You will not receive a refund of any Bookings paid for or in connection with Your Account.
2.6 We may sometimes need to postpone, alter or cancel bookings, temporarily or permanently at any time for any reason, including in response to customer feedback and/or to withdraw equipment and/or facilities for any reason including but not limited to maintenance, repair and alteration.
2.7 We will, where reasonably possible, contact You advising You of the change at least 1 week beforehand.
3.1 Lockers located at Our facilities are for the use of Using using the facility only and can be used under the following conditions:
3.2. You must not take locker keys off of the premises
3.3. We have the right to gain access to any locker at any time if this is deemed necessary; We will empty all lockers each night and store any items found as lost property
3.4. You must not place any illegal goods or consumables, toxic, polluted or contaminated goods, flammable or hazardous goods, living plants or animals, food or perishable goods or waste in the lockers
3.5. Lockers are not to be used for valuable items. We accept no responsibility for the criminal activity of others and items left are done so at your own risk
4. Your Health
4.1. Your Health is your Responsibility. Exercise carries it’s own risk, and you should therefore never exercise beyond your ability. If you have any doubts as to your fitness, or you have any medical conditions that may affect your safety through exercise, you should seek advice from your doctor before partaking in the activity.
5. Drugs & Alcohol
5.1 You are not permitted to enter the facilities or partake in activities when under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
5.2 You are not permitted to bring any animals into any facility with the exception of guide dogs. If You know You require the use of a guide dog when initiating a booking, please inform Us at that time
5.3 Without seeking the permission of the IST staff, You are not permitted to bring or use photographic or recording devices anywhere in Our facilities, nor are You permitted to use mobile telephones in the taking of photographs, video footage or sound recordings.
5.4 You are not permitted to smoke anywhere on the premises, in the outdoor areas within the facilities boundary or in the immediate vicinity
5.5 You are not permitted to consume alcohol anywhere on the premises, in the outdoor areas within the facilities boundary or in the immediate vicinity
6. BOOKINGS PAYMENTS & CANCELLATIONS
6.1. Bookings & Payment Terms
6.1.1. You can make most bookings online, as well as being able to book in person and over the telephone, for activities, classes and courses including racquet sports. It is advisable to book these activities in advance in order to secure Your place. You can register and book online at www.islandsportstrust.co.uk/myaccount
6.1.3. All bookings must be made in the name of a specified Account Holder. Bookings are not transferable between customers
6.2. The following BOOKING AND PAYMENT rules apply
For all Bookings by all customers
6.3 You must be registered before making single/multiple online bookings via the IST Website anytime in advance till 3 hours before booking commencement. Advance booking by telephone and in the school can only be made during our opening hours
6.4. All bookings must be paid for at the time of making your booking. The Fee is non-refundable in the event You cancel Your booking, or You fail to show up for Your activity. If You arrive late for Your booked activity, IST has discretion to refuse You access depending on the activity booked and any relevant health & safety considerations. All activity sessions include an element of a set up time and /or set down time.
6.5 All non-registered users attending a session or participating in activities with registered user must adhere to these Terms and Conditions.
7. MAKING CHANGES TO YOUR Account
7.1 You should ensure that Your registration details are kept up to date. You can access Your own information via the MY ACCOUNT Portal at www.islandsportstrust.co.uk/myaccount or You can ask our Team to update Your records by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
7.2 If You manage Your details via the IST Website online, You will be asked to create a user name and password to manage Your account information. It is Your responsibility to keep these safe. Your online account can be access via the My Account Portal at www.islandsportstrust.co.uk/myaccount
7.3 If You ask Our staff to update the details of Your account, You may be required to provide proof of Your identity before any changes can be effected
7.4 Any requests for refunds will be dealt with in line with Our refund policy and with the discretion of the manager.
8. Cancellation policy
Cancellations must be communicated via your MY account portal on the website or email to email@example.com.
Cancellations via telephone may be accepted at the manager’s discretion.
The following BOOKING CANCELLATION TERMS apply to all bookings:
8.1 To cancel a booking We recommend that You go online via www.islandsportstrsut.co.uk/myaccount and cancel Your booking there. If You are unable to cancel online, You may alternatively cancel Your booking in person or by calling 02070019441 during opening hours Please see our home page
8.2. The Cancellation Charge are chargeable where the cancellation conditions set out below are not met.
Early Cancellation within 180 days = 20% of booking fee retained
Late Cancellation within 14 days (336 hours) = 50% of booking fee retained
No Cancellation within 5 days (120 hours) = 100% of booking fee is retained
8.3. Any Late Cancellation and No Shows will be noted on Your booking records and Your ability to use Our facilities or make further bookings may be blocked if a pattern develops.
8.4 Block Bookings
You can cancel a Block Booking at any time during the term, our refund policy for block bookings are:
Early Cancellation within 180 days = 15% of paid booking fees retained
Late Cancellation within 14 days (336 hours) = 40% of booking fee retained
No Cancellation within 5 days (120 hours) = 100% of booking fee is retained
Please note: Block-bookings must be paid within 5 days of receiving a Pay By Link(PBL) request. Failure to keep up with payments will lead to your booking being cancelled. The resending of an online payment request (via WorldPAy PBL) will disqualify your booking from any discounts and incur a £8.00 admin-fee, per-week and per-booking.
9. Refund Policy
Refunds are only given for the following reasons:
– If you cancel a booking with more than 5 working days notice (partial refund)
– If we unable to honour the booking due to circumstance beyond our control i.e. power failure at the premises.
If you require a refund please email firstname.lastname@example.org informing us of the following:
1 Booking number
2 Reason for cancellation
Refunds will be made in the following way
Payments made via Worldpay will be refunded within 10 working days
Payments made via other methods will be refunded within 21 working days
10. DATA PROTECTION
10.1. As the ‘controllers’ of the ‘personal data’ We hold about You We uphold Your data rights, including Your right to access Your data and to ask for it to be rectified, erased or its use to be restricted, by complying with all relevant Data Protection Legislation.
10.2 We process the personal data collected in Your Membership application in order to i) provide Membership services to You ii) for the management and administration of Your Membership, or iii) a purpose in connection with the use of any of Our facilities. We process the information in i) and ii) on the legal basis of it being necessary for Your bookings and in iii) on the basis of legitimate interest.
11. Your responsibility to Us
11.1 Where You are taking part in any physical activity You are responsible for monitoring Your own physical condition throughout Your use of Our facility. In the event of any unusual symptoms occurring, You should inform a member of staff immediately
11.2 You must use the equipment and facilities in the correct manner according to instructions and/or induction training; You must not use the same in any manner which constitutes a health and safety risk either to Yourself or to others. We are not responsible for any injury or loss You suffer as a consequence of misuse of any equipment, or of any health condition that You may have
12. CAR PARKING
12.1. Car parking facilities are available at the school. You may use such spaces only when using the facility
12.2. Please note Parking spaces are limited. Booking a facility does not guarantee the availability of a parking space. Spaces are available on a first come first served basis
12.3. We accept no liability for any loss or damage which may result from Your use of the schools car parking facilities. Parking at Your own risk, do not park bikes or motorbikes outside the entrance of the school.
13.1. These Terms may be reviewed and/or altered at any time. We will use reasonable endeavours to inform users of material or significant changes to the Terms as far in advance as possible with notice of any significant change such as the temporary closure of a facility or change to Fees. Where You have provided an email address, this will be used as the primary method of contact for such notice.
13.2. We reserve the right to reject any application for registration or booking at Our absolute discretion, if You fail to comply with these Terms and/or Our facility conditions. Refunds will not be given where the user/s is in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
The Island Sports Trust working in partnership with George Green’s School offers opportunities to develop skills in a variety of sports using the School’s superb facilities.
To make an online booking click here.
The facilities are closed for two weeks during the Christmas period and on Bank Holidays.